The course is an interactive course covering all aspects of administration and handling of medicines in line with the Lambeth and Southwark Medications Protocol and follows the Skills for Care Knowledge Sets for medication.
Who should attend?
All social care staff, community support workers, and any other staff who support, prompt, assist or administer medicines.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Be clear about acceptable standards of medicines assessment and management as stipulated by the Lambeth and Southwark Medications Protocol;
- Understand the different levels of support required;
- Prompt, assist or administer medicines safely and effectively;
- Understand which tasks care workers can or cannot undertake;
- Use and maintain medication records;
- Recognise and avoid potential problems of medicines;
- Be aware of side effects of medicines
Eg: include pre-learning requirements, role requirements, etc
Duration/Schedule of dates
Half day sessions 09:30-12:30 or 13:30-16:30